UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Tower over Schoen Place"

SOLD "Tower Over Schoen Place", bye Gordon van Vliet is a view from Schoen Place in Pittsford, NY (pronounced "Shane"). You can see the Coal Tower across the Erie Canal behind the shops on the towpath. Painted in the evening while enjoying the company of my friend Enrique and his lovely wife.

Painted on a canvas wrapped board with oils, painting will be signed and varnished. It measures 14"W x 11"H

If you are interested in this painting it is available at the BCC Gala in Rochester, NY. Being auctioned to help the children's chorus.

Labels: , ,

Link

4 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

A really nice peaceful feel and colour harmony to this one Gordon.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Thank you Sheila, This canal port town is a wonderful spot with small shops and restaurants. I sometimes come here and fish (carp) which is fun because I can show the small children around the place how to catch a big fish. A lot of smiles.
Gordon

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Thank you Gordon for stopping by my Blog and for your nice comment, you have very charming paintings as far I take a general look to them, is the first time I saw your works Gordon, although I will take a look much deeply into your works tomorrow.
Thanks.
Alex Perez

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Thank you Alex. I will be also taking a further look at your work in the next few days. I have three shows that I am currently preparing for. So that takes quite a bit of effort. Best wishes, Gordon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal