UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Rochester Market" by Gordon van Vliet

"Rochester Market" is a departure for me in painting style. I consider it nearly uni-tonal in that all the tones are toward the mid-range without much separation. It makes an interesting exercise.

It was windy and cold that autumn day in Rochester, New York. There were lots of people walking by and traffic too. I only had a moment to notice them and decide which ones to put in. The truck was there for 15 minutes or so unloading.

I like the sign commanding, "STOP!", take a moment and notice the beauty of your surroundings.



Painted on canvas and measuring 11" x 14" and painted in oil as usual. I decided to offer this here to my readers first. $79.00 + $6 shipping USA or $20 Intl. NY state residents add 8.25% sales tax. If it doesn't sell then I will offer it on Ebay for this as a minimum. I hope everyone enjoys it.

I am painting there on Saturday again if it is not too cold. Here is a link to a satellite photo. Back in the early 1980's I used to work in the old Noah's Ark building as it was know. One day a train derailed and a box car came right through the wall about 5-10 feet into the building. Very exciting day and luckily no one was hurt.

Labels: ,

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal